Situated within the town of Irvinestown, the Presbyterian Church is well placed to play a vital role in that community. Irvinestown, a market town in North Fermanagh with a population of circa 2000, 75% Roman Catholic and 25% Protestant. It has one Roman Catholic Church, a Church of Ireland, Methodist, Independent Methodist and the Presbyterian Church. Although, the majority of the population is Roman Catholic, Protestants are not in any way disadvantaged and play a strong role in the life of the town. The town is situated approximately five miles from Lough Erne and Castle Archdale Country Park. The area has five caravan holiday parks and all the Churches play their part Ministering to the holidaymakers. There is no large employment in the immediate area and most workers commute to Enniskillen or Omagh, 10 miles and 20 miles away.
Irvinestown Presbyterian Church has stood on its present site since 1848 and was completely rebuilt in 2009 increasing its capacity to 160-200 from a maximum of 80 in the old building. The adjoining Church Hall and toilets were refurbished in 2014. All of the cost of the new build and refurbishment work has been paid and the Church is debt free. The Congregation consists of 95 families from Irvinestown, Kesh and Ballinamallard villages and the surrounding countryside.
Irvinestown Church is linked with Tempo and Pettigo Churches and the Manse is in Irvinestown. Each Church has its own Committee who meet separately. The Elders from all three Churches meet as one Session, except on rare occasions when a matter relates to one Church only. Organisations connected to the Church are; Girls' Brigade, Presbyterian Women, Youth Group, Bible Study Group and the Friday Lunch Club (open to and enjoyed by all denominations).